Monday, October 17, 2011

Finally, a Prius I can get behind!


So it would appear that Toyota is looking to go all Super Mario Bros. and take a chance at one upping Audi in LeMans prototype racing. Don't they know that Peugeot already did that just this year? Oh well. You know, when I first saw the tag line I was like oh great, here we go again, another hybrid LMP. Though if Toyota is genuine about advancing their technology by racing in series such as this, it really could be a great thing. Yep, you and I are on the same page, a big honkin' Prius in the sky..er, I mean track. No, not really, it will be a true to life LMP1 car much like that of the Audi R18 TDI. Another great advancement of diesel technologies have been produced by such road racing heros from the Audi team. So why not Hybrids? Porsche is doing it. Just think, maybe in a few years we can all be shown how wrong we were to doubt hybrid technology. Prius SS models or should I say, Prius TRDs may run the ring with Corvette's, Mustang's, BMW's...and I think I've gotten a little ahead of myself here. For now lets just concentrate on how Toyota will actually use this market monster. Much like Audi did? Can't say I blame them, it can sell a bunch of fun, little, lower powered 4 cylinder turbo diesels and the like. But Audi did finally do some justice with the V10 stuffed into the R8. So here's to hoping and maybe some great hybrid technology to come. Soon enough, Gazoo Racing will be tuning a Hybrid LF-A for race season! Well, we can at least think that way right?

No comments:

Post a Comment