Friday, January 4, 2013

Gift Giving on Both Sides!


I know the holiday season is over but I think it's never a bad time to think about how we address the gift giving every year. So I wanted to lay out a little gift guide to the opposite sex. At least that's what I thought at the time anyway. To be honest I don't care who gets who, but I hope this is as whimsical to me as it will be to you. All gifts listed are, at the very least, wife approved, since I had my wife help me out with my list here!

So lets start by looking for gifts for your car guy or car gal and how to appropriately equate that gift to your significant other, friend or whomever as a way of educating and understanding that will be appreciated on all levels. On one part this is a great way for your typical car gift being those terrible detailing kits from your general buy it all stores and on the other side, not your average equivalent gift that is thoughtful and a bit more unique than your average run of the mill, feminine gift guide.

Like I said, this is very unisex and works for just about everyone. So lets have some fun and get started!

Let's start with the washing. 
For the cars, you want to start with a proper water bucket and grit guard. Preferably two buckets for an even cleaner wash!
Wash Bucket and Grit Guard
The bath bomb, while this isn't a wash per say, it's used during bath time as a relaxer. Soothing. Much like the clean water is soothing for your car wash, the bath bomb is soothing for the bather.
Bath Bomb

Cleaning
At this point I want to introduce the clay bar and lubricant. This takes off the hard to get contaminants on the car's paint.
Clay Bar and Lubricant

Obviously this would be where soap comes in. I know, you use soap in the wash process but humor me, the soap bar is much more like a clay bar and if you must, you can get a bath melt instead!
Soap

Repair
Next step is to repair. Repair the paint, clear coat and the skin. This incorporates a cutting compound or restoration polisher to remove the swirls or damages to your clear coat surface.

We move into Scrubs and Shower gels here because it's exfoliation time!
Shower Scrub (duh!)

It's time to exfoliate that bad paint job too! Over time the exposure, use and bad car washes get the best of our paint job. Fix it with a cutting compound or swirl polisher!

Paint Correction Polish

Restore
All exfoliated and rough?? Good, that's how you get started. Now time to restore. Smooth it up with a Shower Smoothie or Body Lotion

Shower Smoothie

Still looking at a cloudy car finish? Lets polish or glaze that finish!

Glaze and Polish

Seal it up!
Lookin' good! Now it's time to start putting a shine on it with a Body Butter or for our vehicle, a Sealer
Body Butter

Jetseal

Wax it
Whoa! I know where you think this is going but it's not going there! Where it is going is the final step to make it shine. Dust and Massage Bars are a great way to end the spa or bath time. But for your car, you need to massage some high quality wax on it to make the whole days work worthwhile!

Massage Bar

Concourse Wax

Aaaand you're good to go! Literally, you've got your ride shined up and your date ready! It's always good to be thorough and enjoy the effort you've put in. Look good, feel good, drive well! Car peeps, if you're still confused, follow this list of steps and clear your day!

I hope everyone has as much fun reading this as I did writing it. I'd like to thank my wonderful wife for the inputs and all the help!

Need some great quality photos: Silodrome













No comments:

Post a Comment