Friday, June 8, 2012

Fast N' Loud, right here in Dallas!


I should feel defeated by this but I don't. Originally I had planned to take this blog and one day turn it into a customs/speed shop. There are 3 elements to my shop, a full custom/rebuild, a quick turn around restoration/modification, speed and performance. With my buddy Kyle on board we could expand into motorcycles. I always faced the idea of working on a few cafe racer types.

Anyway, you get the idea. We were going to have a Motorsports division that fell under the speed shop where I'd have local students in the Dallas area come to help work on the car(s) to learn a thing or two and put a personal touch on the cars that will eventually be raced and possibly auctioned off or sold. The kids could help me create new art cars and give them something to be proud of on race day. Learning valuable skills for now and the future. We could even help get them into some of the new teen driving advanced schools while working with Ford or Audi who run advanced classes currently.

Wow, now that I put digital pen to paper, it actually sounds kind of brilliant. Throw in a few car shows and work with local hot rod groups or social outlets like Ricekiller.com to get some meet ups or shows to boot. I don't care if it's a Lotus Elan or Cadillac Eldorado, they are all welcome. My only requirement is I get to use a Ford F-150 Raptor as my tow vehicle.

Sounds too good to be true, well, as I jabbered on, a great new show on Discovery HD has beat me to the proverbial punch! Nearly to the T of what I had hoped to one day set up, the guys at Gas Monkey Garage have already done such things. All while using a Raptor for a tow vehicle. I know right? Makes me sick! Not really, I love it! Just a couple of awesome guys working on hot rods to do the right thing and sell them to potential owners and get these rides back out on the road. Based in Dallas, Richard Rawlings and Aaron Kaufman run the shop to do such awesome duties. Reminds me of some of the shops I used to hang out at in Oklahoma.

So what I wanted to do is promote the homegrown show of epicness, Fast N' Loud and hope that ThrowingRods can take a little time out and go check out Grease Monkey Garage! Here's to hoping! Check out the show and I hope these kinds of things keep going to keep the auto culture out on the roads. Wednesdays at 10/9c

2 comments:

  1. Love your show. I have a 53 5-w chevy p-up in the backyard. When I watch your show, I dream about what it would be like to have a shop of my own. Thanks again, Guys. Darrell Stow in Texarkana,Arkansas. (dstow53@yahoo.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you all do private work? I would love to get my husbands pickup restored. It is almost half way done. He has waited 30 yrs to get it started and it about time he gets it completed. This truck has sentimental value as it use to belong to his dad and was passed down to him.

    ReplyDelete