Saturday, July 13, 2013

In the air of the night. It's time to filter the dirt and get down to what's going into the Rod's new virtual engine.

I recently got the idea for working on this much like a diary. That's the reason I thought it was integral that I put in some character. This blog will be thoughts and opinions about a lot of things, just centered around cars. I said this already in my introductory statement and I'm just expanding on this idea now.

I wanted a place to go to pull out the thoughts and air out my brain. After watching a few videos and reading some other entries I thought it best to use this as my personal "pensive" of sorts. Unlike Dumbledore I don't carry a wand so I gotta use a Mac.

I keep hearing Matt Farrah (/Drive, The Car Show) telling me to be prolific. Well that's part of the plan too. I may not have time to be super prolific, I will be using the time to bring out some ideas and explain a few things.

Ideas such as my brain's project garage. Yeah, it needs a better name and I'll work on it. For now I will entail the insane amount of projects that roll around my head any time I even think about a car. No, I won't actually cover every freaking one but I'll be dishing out the best. Right now I don't have a shop and some get to create. So for me, I'm building in my mind. Now I'm sharing with you.

So what? You say? I say that I share my ideas just like everyone else has because what if I pick up on something you may not have ever thought of? Yep, just like the greatest shops in the world give me ideas, I like to combine them and now instead of keeping my ideas inside, I'll let you take a look into my world and see if there is anything useful.

Sometimes I will spell it out, sometimes it will be pictures and some will be my terrible sketches. Oh yeah, MY sketches.

I actually hope that people see things a little bit differently with my ideas and shift the paradigm on typical thinking. Over the last year I've spent time running, lifting, driving, traveling and working on being a better husband. During this time I've changed the way I think about a lot and work on using my zen moments to my strength. But my strength can't be the only gain if I'm helping others in the long run.

No need in getting sappy, lets move on to the good s#it.

Something cool is that I really have a garage now. Or at least I'm working on it and I'll be doing the new Rod's Garage segment that will actually be something other than just the current stock. If I get a cool new toy, then I'll share it and see what I can make out of it.

Other new stuff is possibly going to be side projects. As an engineer I like to fool around with any tool I can. So some of the projects that I have going on my just wind up here. Just about anything can be tied back to the automotive world or just my very own perspective on life.

The most current idea expands on that last part. Life perspective. I have a tough time learning from my mistakes it seems so along the way I like to teach myself by doing a great deal of different things. So this is going to be a lot of different experiences and lessons learned. Don't think of life revolving around cars, think of cars revolving around life. Lessons aren't always learned in the driver's seat. Sometimes it's sitting at the dinner table and sometimes it's under the barbell or while smoking your favorite brisket.

Keep your mind open because I'll keep the conversation going.

No comments:

Post a Comment