Saturday, July 13, 2013

I may only be driving a mouse, but it's something dammit!

Well, after a brief hiatus I've decided to bring some writing back to the world of Throwing Rods. I still have quite a few decisions to make and what the overall evolution will be but in my mind, I have a few ideas to keep me occupied.

Throughout the various stories to come, I'll be drawing inspiration from a great deal of sites, some things will continue to evolve, some will stay the same. Just like when a manufacturer gets something right, it's best to stick with it and keep that stability. Sometimes though, you just have to jump ship and do something completely different. 

The old ideas will mostly remain in tact, but new segments or updated segments will start to pop up and the one thing I want to add is fun. Or, I guess, what BMW calls  "joy".  Well, maybe not that serious, lets stick with fun. I hope to retain the satire and sarcasm while actually writing with amusing overtones. I am not sure how far to take things and for all I know Throwing Rods will take a complete 180. 

What caused all this? Well, a lot of thinking and discussing, with a little self discovery. No, I'm not going all Eat, Pray, Love on you, this is a f*&%ing car blog! 

What I do have time for, is nostalgia. Going forward, I'm also looking backwards. Cars on the street, rusting classics, polished hot rods, you name it. While I was taking some time off, I started looking back into what it was that moved me as an enthusiast. There are a great many things, food, music and more but the thing is that may family kept my head in the past with vintage Chevys mostly. These were the things that moved me and always seem to. No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't escape old metal. 

Now? Now it's time to get writing. I started this on inspiration, no budget and a lot of hopes and dreams. Why not continue the trend? Sounds like a damn good idea to me. So I'll be looking in every direction to discuss a slew of new topics. Some boring, some not, some off topic and some on but either way, it will all tie into the idea that started Throwing Rods and what it is that drives it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment